Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And now for something completely different

The next chapter in my precious book deals with roasting all manner of things, and while I'll certainly get to that eventually, I'm skipping it for the moment. Why? A couple of reasons...first and foremost, they're all big recipes that are designed for when you're cooking for a pretty large group, which I'm thankfully not. Probably for the best given my current abilities, because I'm not fancy on making enemies of any large groups of people right now. Second, I'm in the mood for something a bit more "fun".

So, I skipped ahead to the baking section, and while I've only skimmed it so far, something caught my eye right away: Chocolate chip banana bread. I have to admit, I've always been of the mindset that bananas and bread are better off staying away from each other, but then again, I've also had the mindset that living out of the freezer is a good idea, so what the hell do I know? Regardless, it looks like it could be a bit of fun. Might not be easy, but the best things in life don't come easy, I've heard. Look for the update on this attempt by Friday!

Oh, a side note, these recipes are not some "one and done" type of deal, as I've gone back and repeated the results on them(or plan to if I haven't already), since practice makes perfect. I only write about a recipe once, since the humor is all about how dumbfounded I am the first time around.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip banana bread sounds so good. I'm going to try making it tonight. I made banana bread last month but I never thought about putting chocolate chips in!! Exciting!

    Good luck with this one! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! As long as I don't destroy the smoke alarm, I consider it a victory. I set the bar quite low for myself, you may have noticed!

    ReplyDelete