Monday, March 28, 2011

Chapter 5: Breakfast of Champions

Wow, this was an easy one...either I'm getting better at this cooking business or this was just a really simple recipe. I'm not so bold as to say it's all skill, because if I do, you can damn well bet I'll burn down the whole block by Wednesday just trying to make Kraft dinner, so for now, we'll just say this was an easy day.

By now you're probably thinking "get to the damn point so I can get back to browsing YouTube videos of chimps peeing on each other", so here we go: today's recipe was French toast and bacon(with some delicious grapes on the side!). The only things I actually needed to buy this time was cinnamon and bacon, so right away I'm ahead of the curve. I'm used to having to bring a huge list of ingredients as I stumble aimlessly down the aisles at Sobey's, so this was a pleasant surprise..of course, it makes sense that once I have the basics, there will be less to pick up each time.

Anyway, I got started on the bacon and after a couple of minutes I cracked and mixed the eggs, added the milk and cinnamon, and stole some of Lisa's(my brother's girlfriend) fancy Italian bread since it looked better for this than my cheap white bread. Now, if there's one thing I'm not good at yet with this stuff, it's multi-tasking and timing. Since the bacon was done several minutes before the toast, I got sick of waiting and just ate it, hence why it isn't in the picture(hey, I was hungry!). I really gotta get the hang of cooking multiple things at the same time, but I guess that'll come in time, I've only been at this for a couple of weeks, after all.

Well...this is new, I got nothing else to say. No amusing anecdotes of my endless confusion, no failures, just some tasty french toast and bacon. Ah well, maybe I'll screw up next time and give you all something more to laugh at. Oh, two quick notes, first I gotta thank dad for a couple of quick tips on this one, and second, Jenn, you're right, bacon is the king of breakfast foods.

Until next time, true believers! (10 nerd points if you got that reference)

2 comments:

  1. well done... and I am not sure I believe there was bacon :P I'll believe that one when I see you eating it in front of me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, trust me, you'll certainly see it..I've re-discovered the joys of bacon, and I'm really getting into this whole "cooking breakfast" idea! Looking forward to making breakfast for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete